Friday, November 10, 2006

My husband rocks!

So here I was still in this hotel room, feeling better after seeing how much support I really do have and over the worst feeling when my husband calls. He convinced me to go get dinner and come back and take a bubble bath. I feel bad and selfish for telling him how upset I really was because I know it upsets him. I did as he asked and when I got back and out of the tub he called again and told me he had pulled some strings and that I could see him once more.

I threw my p.j.'s on, wet hair, no make-up and drove the ten miles to his dorm. I picked him up outside and we drove down the road his dorm was on as far as we could and parked the car and went back into a sort of picnic area with round tables that was secluded by trees. I sat on his lap as he held me and we just talked more and more about how fortunate we were and how far we'd come. He promised to me that he would be safe and always keep his head up and eyes open. We just sat there in the moonlight for one more moment we got to hold on again. He stroked my wet hair and kissed me over and over telling me I was beautiful, and he was lucky, and that he had too much to live for.

A short time later I had to take him back. Neither one of us wanting to let go, we clung on in the car, and kissed like it was our first kiss complete with butterflies and so much passion. We both cried a little and then we said goodbye see ya for the mid-tour this summer. I watched him walk as far as I could without breaking again and I left. I really needed that! I needed one more kiss and one more goodbye given in a collective state of mind. I needed him to see that I am the strong woman that he needs me to be so he can focus on war and know that I've got this. I prayed for my strength and God gave it to me through him!

1 comment:

Kulia said...

What a great guy he is!