Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A is for Andrea...the asset!



I was going to write about appreciation or animals but in talking to my good friend Andrea she seems to think I should write about her saying something to the affect of, "what do you mean you can't think of an a word...hello ANDREA." Even though she's not doing this alphabet project, she promises to write a blog about me on the 17th of August since M is the 17th letter of the alphabet. We'll see if she really does it and if she does it should be interesting ;)

I met Andrea somewhere around three years ago on babycenter.com! She and I and a few other mommies formed a group called threadkillers...hmm maybe there's my T? I won't get into all of that, but I stayed friends with this small group of ladies after my babycenter days were over and before I was invited to another mommy board some of them are a part of. She and those other women became my best friends during some crazy parts of my life.

I didn't get to meet Andrea in person until March of this year. She and Piper came to pick me and the kids up from LAX. I wondered how it would feel to finally meet them, but when the moment came it was as if we'd known eachother forever. It's amazing what the internet can bring about! So that's how I know her.....

Andrea and I are a lot alike. We talk on IM everyday we are way too much alike somedays. We both can turn a small life problem into a huge ordeal, and even worse is the fact that neither of us make decisions easily! It is extremely rare that we say goodbye to eachother on the computer, we'll IM eachother throughout the day and both just leave the conversation when we're ready and usually come back a few hours later.

I can tell Andrea anything and though she will ask me tons o questions LOL she will NEVER judge me! If I need to cry, she will be the person who I can go to who will sympathize with me, she'll tell me why that part of my life is negative and why I don't need it, she'll get mad and sad for me and try to help me fix it even when I'm too stubborn to listen sometimes!

Andrea is simply one of the most wonderful people I have ever been blessed to meet! She is so full of life and love and fun. She adores her son. She has her husband majorly in check (haha). She has the cutest voice! She is always on my mind and in my prayers. It makes me mad that she's been so hurt lately.

In my adulthood, she has been one of the people who has most opened my eyes to the meanings and values of TRUE friendship. A couple of years ago I would've said I had tons of friends! Becoming friends with Andrea helped me change my opinion of that. She helped me learn a true friend wouldn't just call me when they needed something, but they'd let me call them and they'd listen to me. She truly loves me for me, I can be as goofy as I want, as obnoxious as I want and she will STILL love me at the end of it. That is more meaningful to me then she will ever know! I have made a lifelong friend in Andrea. I love and respect her for more reasons than she will ever know! Thanks Andrea the asset....for EVERYTHING!


You find out who your friends are

Somebody's gonna drop everything

Run out and crank up their car

Hit the gas, get there fast

Never stop to think 'what's in it for me?'

or 'it's way too far

'They just show on up with their big old heart

You find out who your friends are





6 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh gosh! You are the bestest! Thank you for making me smile!! Love you girl!!!

Mary Ann said...

What a sweet, sweet post about Andrea. You all are lucky to have each other.

I know what you mean about it being hard to come up with a word that starts with the letter. I had to search the internet for ideas last night.

Laura said...

Very cool! What a sweet friendship you girls share! :)

Off to bookmark Andrea's blog now too...

Lori said...

And at first look I thought it was Andrea... The ASS! Just kidding! She is a sweetie!

Mandy said...

Lori toooo funny! The reason I added asset is because we were talking on IM right before I wrote it and I sent her the audible that said They said you were a great asset, I told them they were off by two letters :P

Andrea said...

Sooo when can we move onto B? =)