Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Cliff and Valentines Day

I wanted to update this so I don't sound like a huge baby anymore, though yes I do feel entitled at times.....

Cliff walked two miles with his laptop yesterday all to IM me. I was ecstatic when I was sitting here so sad and an IM from him popped up on my screen. God I miss him. We chatted for awhile and it was sooo nice. He said that they're trying really hard to get internet where they're at but AAFES is giving them a hard time about it so who knows. I am okay now knowing that he's okay. We have such a connection and I know that sounds strange to people who don't have it, or haven't yet experienced it but I could seriously feel the effect on him. That made it a million times worse to feel how much pain it was for him. I can't imagine even as much as I enjoy our communication how vital it must be for a man in war when there isn't anyone else to talk to.

So I'm better now because I know he's okay.

So on to Valentines Day and more about my spectacular husband and kids.....
The day before yesterday I got two packages. One is BEAUTIFUL butterfly jewelry that Cliff bought and sent to me from Iraq along with an AF bear that folds up like a Popple and a sweet card. I also had one from a friend full of my favorite goodies:) I sat there and ate the chocolate she sent me and cried in the floor giving myself a short pity party. I miss him dammit and it makes me bitter sometimes.

So, I got a call from him this morning. PERFECT timing. I had just crawled out of bed and mosied sleepily into the living room when the phone rang. My heart raced, I knew it was him! I got to carry on a full conversation with him. I got to hear his voice and my gosh it was so soothing and I felt really normal for a minute. It was completely awesome!! My sweet boy Braden came home from school with a handmade Valentine, it is the sweetest thing ever. On the front it says I love you Mommy and on the inside he wrote his scribbly, pre-k name and drew a picture of a little girl with pony tails. He's growing up too fast and those are TRULY the moments that make being a mommy the most rewarding thing in the universe. Speaking of mommy, that was my Valentine from Kayla her being particularly whiney and sad today and she no longer calls me mama, it's mommy. It touches my heart and soul everytime she says it. Anyhow, my mom had also taken Braden shopping and he came home with daisies and Dove Promises for me. It was a good day!! It reminded me of all the things I have to be thankful for when it seems so hard for me to remember some days especially lately.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh Mandy. I'm so glad that this will be a Valentines to remember! You really touch my heart and I get teary everytime I read your stories. I'm glad the chocolate your friend sent you was comforting to you while you cried. ;-) I love ya girl!